Thursday, February 24, 2011

Volunteer Hours Paper

Centone?

sure that if I submit preclude holy words through holy words do not explain here but you do not go away. To understand: in my post yesterday I proposed a cento of holy words, a text that is where most will not understand a sledgehammer. Pardon me, is stronger than me. But at least I must explain that it means cento, since their word is not in common use. When I was little, at the time of the lire, the equivalent to centomilalire cento, which is almost a mirage. In truth, the term is courtly and learned, and is about to collage of words or texts. It comes from a greek word, Kentron, indicating a dress made of many different pieces of cloth, like the costume of Harlequin. In the classical world the cento was a composite work that some ancient writers delighted in taking sewing scraps from the works of great poets, like Homer and Virgil. Un'opera costituita da citazioni, dunque, dove l'abilità sta nel non far capire che di citazioni si tratta, ovvero nel dare al lettore la sensazioni di leggere un originale. Il mio di centone, fatto di parole strambe e strane, direi che non ambiva a tanto. Diciamo che si tratta di un divertissement, un calembour. E adesso non venite a dirmi che queste ultime espressioni non le conoscete, sennò vado avanti all'infinito con 'ste parole e non ne usciamo più.

0 comments:

Post a Comment